The Houston Chronicle conducted a Wednesday to Friday poll of 501 voters in DeLay's district. Here are the highlights:
- Only 38.4% of voters chose DeLay when given the choice who to vote for between DeLay and "someone else."
- Amazingly, 30.6% had a very unfavorable view of Tom DeLay. Only 22% had a very favorable.
- Just 38.5% said he deserves re-election, with 49.2% said it's time for someone new.
- Voters were split over whether it was very important to Texas that DeLay was a national leader or that it was not important at all -- 36.6% said very important, 35.7% said it was not important at all.
- Close to 35% of voters view DeLay as somewhat or very unethical, with 9.6% not sure.
- Almost 40% has grown less favorable toward DeLay, with his actions as Majority Leader (17.9%), comments by DeLay himself (13.3%) and his ethics scandals (10.8%) the leading reasons why.
There's more in the story, so go read it.