The Washington Post and the New York Times unearth two new scandals this morning, one about a trip paid for by a mysterious, shady business in the Bahamas to Russia, and the other about $500,000 DeLay's campaign and political committees have forked over to his relatives. It's past time for him to resign. Republican Members of Congress should be embarrassed he's their Leader. Here's what we need to do:
1. Call your member of Congress to demand DeLay's resignation. You can find your representatives telephone number here. Or, call the Capitol Hill switchboard at 202-225-3121 and ask to be be transferred to your representatives office.
2. Be firm, respectful, and outraged. Let the staff person know you want to know where your representative stands on whether Tom DeLay should resign.
3. If you haven't already done so, sign our petition to demand that DeLay resign. You'll receive on-going updates about our Clean up Congress, Without DeLay campaign.
4. Report back here after you've called. Leave a comment. Let us know what you heard. Share ideas.
5. Urge others to call, too.