It's a recess on Capitol Hill, which means it's time to enjoy weekend outings with members of Congress—if you can afford the asking price.
At least five U.S. Senators are scheduled to hold fundraising events this weekend, with just two in their home state, according to invitations obtained by the Sunlight Foundation’s Political Party Time website.
- Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) is hosting donors who give between $1,500 and $2,500 to his Next Century Fund leadership PAC at the Pine Needles Lodge in Southern Pines, NC.
- Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) is hosting her “Annual Big Easy Weekend” for her Big Easy Committee (invite at right) in New Orleans. Just $5,000 gets you access AND two tickets to jazz fest.
- Sen. Dan Coats (R-Ind.) has a golf outing planned at Kinloch Golf Club today in Virginia. Hit the links with the Senator for a $1,500 or $2,500 donation to his COATS PAC.
- For a $5,000 donation to Sen. Richard Shelby’s (R-Ala.) Defend America PAC, you can enjoy a nice weekend at the Tides Inn in Virginia.
- Go fishing with Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) on Solomon’s Island in Maryland for just $1,500 individual or $2,500 PAC donation to his Freedom Fund PAC.
Who says you can’t buy access to politicians and have fun at the same time? This weekend, grab your checkbook and choose your favorite way to unwind, whether it's fishing on the Chesapeake Bay, listening to some jazz music in New Orleans, or hitting a few drives down the fairway in Virginia.
With Kurt Walters.