PUBLIC CAMPAIGN ACTION FUND: ONLINE ORGANIZER
Public Campaign Action Fund (PCAF), a national nonprofit organization dedicated to improving America's elections and holding politicians accountable, is hiring an Online Organizer to expand our existing, successful accountability work.
Billionaires and wealthy corporate interests are taking over our elections. At Public Campaign Action Fund we work to connect-the-dots between the money that flows in politics and the decisions made by elected officials. We’re looking for an ambitious Online Organizer who will develop and implement a strategy for all online communications related to our accountability work that can drive a money-in-politics message into the political debate online, engage new audiences, and grow our base of supporters.
Under the direction of senior leadership, this position will support the development and implementation of communications strategies across platforms.
- Develop and send online communications that highlight the core message of PCAF and take advantage of key political moments.
- Utilize data analytics to advise digital strategy across campaigns.
- Participate in the development, conceptualization, and implementation of campaigns to highlight the impact of money-in-politics.
- Manage all aspects of social media.
- Work with senior staff, including, but not limited to, the Executive Director, Political Director, Research Director, National Field Director, and Communications Director, to identify opportunities and to support allied organizations' research and communication needs in connecting their policy and issue campaigns to the role of big money in politics, including rapid response campaigns.
- Help design and launch accountability efforts with state organizations regarding key congressional targets.
- Be responsible, with supervision, for the day-to-day driving ahead of our campaigns and/or projects.
Desired Experience and Skills
The ideal candidates for our Online Organizer will meet all of the following criteria:
- At least three years of experience developing, executing, and analyzing online campaigns in a fast-paced non-profit or electoral environment;
- Strong writing, communication, relationship, and technical skills;
- Must have experience with content management systems and constituency management systems like Convio or Salsa Labs, as well as familiarity with website development;
- Knowledge of best practices in online organizing, from email writing to landing pages, testing, and data analysis;
- Familiarity and experience with an expansive toolbox of strategies to move targets and/or messages to voters, including some of the following: earned media, online activism, direct action, etc.;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience conceptualizing and running online campaigns, including petitions, fundraising, blog outreach, social media sites, and using online metrics and analytics;
- Experience with HTML, CSS, photo, video, or design software such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, or Premiere preferred;
- Demonstrated flexibility in problem-solving and ability to work long hours;
- An understanding of the progressive nonprofit community and commitment to social and economic justice; and
- Positive attitude.
Salary is commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is offered. Position is full-time and based in the organization's Washington, D.C. office. Some travel required.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, through September 6, 2013. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please make sure to note where you saw this listing in your cover letter.
Public Campaign Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LBGT community to apply.